Welcome to the Digital St Albans CoWorking Online events. On this document we are going to explain how the coworking online events works and we will try to help you to navigate through it.
Please contact us if you need any help to join us.
How it works?
We are using Discord to setup the CoWorking online space. Discord is similar to slack but it allow to have Voice rooms so we can work and connect with others without video involved.
This way you can share a virtual space with other people, comment and talk as if you were on the same office space, but also keep your privacy if you decide to.
Discord space is divided on Rooms or Channels. We have created the following channels:
We have setup the following rooms (you will see them once you join us at Discord):
- Co-Working-Online Chat room: no audio and no video is required here. You can present yourself there, chat, comment or share links with other members. Keep the content work related here.
- Quiet Voice room: This room has audio disabled. You can join here when you need a time to focus and do not want any distractions from the group.
- Co-Working-Area Voice room. This is our main co-working room. Here you can keep working and share audio with others in the room.
- Conference Room Voice room. In case you need to have a conversation about a topic that could not be interested to everyone, you can use this room for that.
- Meeting Room 1 Voice room. Similar to the Conference room, if some of you need to have a meeting, you can all join here and talk.
- Meeting Room 2 Voice room. Same as Meeting Room 1, just another separate room for you to talk.
- Meeting 1 to 1 Voice room. This room is limited to 2 participants. Once you join you can be safe knowing that nobody will interrupt your conversation.
- The Coffee Room. Please read below all about this particular room.
If you have other ideas or suggestions on different rooms, please let me know.
The Coffee Room
No CoWorking is completed without some networking, relaxing space and a coffee. For this, we have created a specific chat room with some extras.
You can use the chat to share anything that is not work related, random stuff, funny or whatever you want to share with the rest.
This room will also have a link to a video chat space (made using zoom) and the room will be open for anyone to join whenever they want. This is our networking, chatting, relaxing space, and you can jump in and out as many times you want. Just tell someone to join you there and disconnect a little bit from your hard work.
Make sure you move yourself into the Quiet Room or leave all the Voice Rooms so the audio is not mixed between Discord and Zoom.
When you are done, leave he zoom meeting and come back to the Discord to keep working with us.
How to join?
- You will need to join Discord using this direct link (which is also available on the Connect page).
- Reserve your space at the event, so we can know how many people are we expecting there.
- Then, the first time you join Discord, the Co-Working moderator will need to give you access so you can see all the Co-Working rooms and people there. Please let the host know that you want to join the co-working group.
And this is all for now. We will keep updating this page with more information. See you online!